Showing all 2 results
- Conference explores leading in turbulent times October 20, 2021A leadership conference with the theme – Leading in Turbulent Times, targeting high-performing youth leaders in Nigeria and the rest of Africa holds on Friday 22 October 2021. Tagged as the West African Youth Summit (WAYS), the unique 1-day seeks
- "I’m proud to be following in the footsteps of my Black police heroes" October 20, 2021“My great uncle Etienne was having lunch with friends in his home island of St Lucia when he was shot repeatedly – and fatally – in the back by an unknown assailant because of his ambitions to become a Chief Superintendent and his vision of fighting
- The Trumpet Newspaper Issue 556 (October 20 - November 2 2021) October 19, 2021No justice for #EndSARS crackdown
- Tackling myths about Adoption October 18, 2021Social Care practitioner - Sherifa Adenmosun helps to tackle some of the myths and misconceptions that may cause Black people to rule themselves out of the adoption process before they’ve even begun their journey.
- Black community urged to support their mental wellbeing October 13, 2021Following new research which reveals that more than half of England’s black population say their mental health was negatively impacted by the pandemic, Black Africans and Caribbeans are urged to find “what works for me” to support their mental
- VIN Club fundraises for Heritage Outreach October 12, 2021Philanthropic organisation - VIN Club holds its flagship 4th annual Black-Tie charity event on November 13 2021 - in support of Heritage Outreach, a UK registered charity that supports orphans and vulnerable children in Nigeria.
- NDDIS drives investment for Nigeria’s Computer Village in London October 11, 2021The 2021 edition of the Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit (NDDIS) takes place in London over two days: Thursday October 14 and Friday October 2021. This year’s edition tagged as the NDDIS Information Communication Technology (ICT) Summit,
- NHS urges Black Africans and Caribbeans to come forward for life saving checks October 7, 2021A new NHS campaign backed by Black healthcare professionals is urging people with potential cancer symptoms to come forward for life saving checks. The ‘Help Us, Help You’ campaign raises awareness of symptoms of cancers in the abdominal area,
- The Trumpet Newspaper Issue 555 (October 6 - 19 2021) October 6, 2021Beaten and detained. Metropolitan Police celebrates black officers
- Tummy discomfort or diarrhoea for three weeks or more? October 6, 2021If you have had tummy trouble such as discomfort or diarrhoea for three weeks or more, or seen blood in your urine - even just once, it could be a sign of cancer.